Tank Wars Thanksgiving Special

thomasvision

Market
Reaction score
Hey Atlanta Reefers, Happy Thanksgiving

Here is my new series and pet project Tank Wars. So Far it has gotten a great response from my subscribers. People have been waiting for it for so long I wanted to create some special stand alone episodes until the launch of Season one in the Spring.

Here is the link for Tank Wars Thanksgiving Day special that I released today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT33dlh1eIU">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT33dlh1eIU</a>).

Check out the video and place your vote for the winning aquarium here [IMG]http://www.tankwarsshow.com/episodes/thanksgiving-day-special-super-heavyweight-battle-southern-california/">http://www.tankwarsshow.com/episodes/thanksgiving-day-special-super-heavyweight-battle-southern-california/</a>).

Season 1 is schedule to premiere in the Spring (Atlanta vs Miami) and we still need
1 more nano weight class aquarium (0 - 40 gallons),
1 more middle weight ( 40 - 100 gallons)
1 more heavy weight class aquarium (100 - 300 gallons)

Awesome Thomas! Good work! For me, that is a tough vote. I like to look at what is under the hood.
Lynne's tank didn't appear to have as much color, perhaps just lighting at the time. However, her system looked more organized and nicely laid out. I liked how they used some innovation by putting the lights on rails for performing PM on the lights. Everything seem to have its place.
Wayne's tank looked really nice, lots of color! However, his back room was a mess. Lol
So i have to give my vote to Lynne.

I cant wait for the Episodes to air.

Mike

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

MC524;915164 wrote: Awesome Thomas! Good work! For me, that is a tough vote. I like to look at what is under the hood.
Lynne's tank didn't appear to have as much color, perhaps just lighting at the time. However, her system looked more organized and nicely laid out. I liked how they used some innovation by putting the lights on rails for performing PM on the lights. Everything seem to have its place.
Wayne's tank looked really nice, lots of color! However, his back room was a mess. Lol
So i have to give my vote to Lynne.

I cant wait for the Episodes to air.

Mike

Its true that Lynne's setup was nicer, but I voted for Wayne because his DT was much nicer. I'm not a SPS guy, but I still think that Lynne's DT had too many undesirable corals cluttering the tank. Wayne's DT was nice and clean. Almost the opposite of the equipment rooms!

Exactly, that's why it was a tough vote to make. But I'm a stickler when it comes to details. It has to do with my work, lol, when i do modifications whether it be wiring, or installing Solenoids/Manifolds, Automation, etc., i like to make it look like i was never there.
So sometimes my work opinions carry into other things in life lol
My wife shakes her head and knows when something crooked is bothering me. I've been known to adjust pictures in the Dr. Offices lol
Even Larry and Veronica from LRS have said "only Mike would notice that." hehehe

"Is the glass half empty, or half full?"
"Neither, the glass is too large"

Little engineer joke for you :)

Waynes tank is nice. But yes fish room is cluttered. Voting for the tank. I vote wayne for sure. +1 to what Josh said about the corals. Wayne has higher end coral with better colors

You can have a bad a$$ looking muscle car FROM the outside, but you open the hood or a door and the inside is terrible. You don't quite have the wow factor. Your likely going to turn and walk down to the next car.
That was basically how i looked at these two tanks. :D
I guess for me, if i had that kind of money invested, and i was having someone film my setup. I would take a little pride in my setup.

I'm with you guys though, Wayne's tank was wonderful to look at. I will have to decide whether to base my votes on the Display alone, or the total package. :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks for checking out the video. I wish I could give my opinion on this but when I created the series I told myself I would leave it to the viewers to discuss. The reason being is people are nice enough to invite me into their homes to film their tanks. However, I love reading your feedback as what you feel makes a great aquarium so please keep the conversation going! I tried to show both tanks in the same light. Its funny while I am filming someone tank I am under so much pressure (that I put on myself) because I want to film both aquariums equally. So, I hope I showed amazing shots for both Lynne and Wayne.

But this is really interesting. I am so curious to see the overall consensus from the viewers on what makes a great tank? The display, the Filtration room, both? If the display is amazing should the equipment room matter? Fun stuff! Again, thanks for watching!

Hey Thomas. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. If your in town this weekend, maybe we can take the girls out for a mtb ride. You know we have to work off all this food! :D
I thought the showing of both tanks was great. The footage was good, i liked the still shots you tossed in.
I think my example was pretty fair. If you were to go to a car show. There will be several cars that catch a judges eye. Especially from first glance. However, when you get closer, and start to look at details. Attention to detail on the interior, as well as under the hood, is lacking, that car is not going to finish with a trophy. The cars where you can tell someone gave thought, took the extra time to do things right, they are the ones that place. They have the total package.
So, in my opinion, the tank that may not be fully grown in, or caught between lighting periods and don't show the colors as much. Hey, if the auxiliary room is thought out, and at least somewhat overtly, that may be enough to sway my vote.
The display might be nice, but, in my opinion, that is only part of the equation. I for one enjoy seeing the Aux room as much as i like seeing the display. We've all seen nice tanks, but rarely do you get to see the heart. So thanks for doing so!

Again, i can't wait to see the first season man. I really like what I've seen thus far, and the conversations we've had regarding the show, and how enthusiastic you are.
Dream big or go home right? Big props brother, not many have the drive to go after it. Congratulations man, I'm really happy to see this going as far as it has.
Good luck with the rest of the tank viewings, and safe travels!

Mike

MC524;915190 wrote: Hey Thomas. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. If your in town this weekend, maybe we can take the girls out for a mtb ride. You know we have to work off all this food! :D

Sure give me a call and we can go biking on Saturday.

MC524;915190 wrote:
I think my example was pretty fair. If you were to go to a car show. There will be several cars that catch a judges eye. Especially from first glance. However, when you get closer, and start to look at details. Attention to detail on the interior, as well as under the hood, is lacking, that car is not going to finish with a trophy. The cars where you can tell someone gave thought, took the extra time to do things right, they are the ones that place. They have the total package.

Definitely I think you hit the nail on the head.

MC524;915190 wrote:
So, in my opinion, the tank that may not be fully grown in, or caught between lighting periods and don't show the colors as much. Hey, if the auxiliary room is thought out, and at least somewhat overtly, that may be enough to sway my vote.

I'm a Tech guy so I get excited once the people start showing off their equipment! Someone asked why I showed the equipment tour first and I said because that's my favorite part of the tank so while some may say save the best for last now let me eat my desert first lol.

Same here. Getting to see what someone has done in a situation can give others ideas. So I'm with you there. Show me the heart and soul of the system first, then let me see the end result.
I'll shoot ya a PM, make a plan to work off this food lol

I totally agree with the "attention to details" statement as I was in the military for 12 years. We heard that every day. However, with that said at the end of the day we has these tanks to show off our reefs. Wayne gets my vote for the DT. It has all the high end corals with an assortment of corals. Both tanks are extremely nice and I would be very proud to have them in my home.

I've know guys who have Ferrari's but don't know how to drive them. I've also met guys with KIA's that could race the brake pads off the guy driving his Ferrari.
With that said, Wayne by a mile.

What's really nice is to know someone who owns a Ferrari and drives it like it was built to be driven!

Waynes all the way and im an equipment junkie.no matter how you look at it,the equipment is only the means to an end.i dont care if your sump is a 5 gal bucket if your dt is awesome.thats what we are going for anyway,not equipment room of the year.i love an awesome fish room but only if it accompanies an awesome reef.

Back