Taping a water line, How To??

gort

Market
Reaction score
I have a water spigget on the outside wall of my garage. I am tired of hooking the hose up out side to connect up my RO/DI in the garage.

If i tear out a bit of sheet rock in my garage where the spigget is on the outside, should i find a water line i could tap so i can just run the line straight to my RO/DI so i dont have to go out and unhook hook up the water hose?

Just wanted to know what you all thought. Pretty sure i can do it.

thanks in advance for any advice.

dont use the cheap ice make pipe piercing type. you can cut in a access panel and use a shark bite and run where you need to or sweat it. put in a tee and a ball valve and a push connector

I used the Saddle type on the cold water line going to my Laundry room Deep Sink, and then goes onto my Clothes Washer. So my RO/DI is on the wall above the Deep Sink. Allows me to run the waste water directly into the Washer, to a jug I use for watering plants, and to fill a bucket used to drop my Mixing Pump, and Heater into. So I waste Zero water, I use it for something. I also have a T going into the DI, that I have valved for filling water bottles or my Water Storage Containers that I store for just in case.
Only thing I would probably do different, and you may want to do, is check the pressure there at that spigot. I didn't know about pressure being important until after the install. At this point, I'm normally at about 42psi, so I can either couple where I have that Saddle, and then break into the water line coming into the house (closer to the relief valve) where it is up above the 50psi. Or, leave the plumbing as is, and just add a Booster Pump.

eagle9252;792615 wrote: dont use the cheap ice make pipe piercing type. you can cut in a access panel and use a shark bite and run where you need to or sweat it. put in a tee and a ball valve and a push connector

The shark bite is what I used, spendy but super easy. I hate those piercing type.

I had one on my ice maker and it was so slow. Changed it out to a 1/2 line to a 1/4 line just under the fridge
Going to run a new line.to.the rod I unit to up the pressure

Back