Tapping rodi to hot water feed

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
So I think I made a mistake tapping my rodi. I tapped it on cold feed side, but below expansion tank for water heater. Ro unit worked fine when I first started it, but then after a while keeps cycling through flush and 'no feed water' warning. Its one of the rodi units with pressure sensor computer, etc. Seems like because I tapped below its getting pressure drops. I hooked unit up to garden hose and it worked fine. So pressure issue is my only thought? Any clues?

I tapped in the same place. No issues here. Perhaps the RO filter is just clogged?

If I am not mistaken, doesn't tapping the hot water mess with the membrane? Possibly shortening the life. I remember reading it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Yes it can, but he didn't tap the hot water line. He tapped the cold feed going into the hot water, but below the expansion tank.

jbadd99;1039430 wrote: Yes it can, but he didn't tap the hot water line. He tapped the cold feed going into the hot water, but below the expansion tank.

If that's the case, he should have normal house pressure. That can be measured at a hose bib (outside spigot)

I have good pressure from garden hose spigot. Rodi runs fine. Im gonna have a plumber put in a real connection. Not a self peircing saddle.

Had a plumber cut in a line with undersink/toilet type valve. All is well now.

Back