Tapping Water line from External Spigot

gort

Market
Reaction score
I presently have to run a water hose into my garage as a source of water which connects to my ro/di.

On the exterior side wall of my garage is a water spigot.

Question. If I cut a hole in my sheetrock inside the garge in the same location as the exterior water spigot, will I find a pipe that I can use a saddle valve on , so I dont have to run that hose into my garage?

The house is about 15 years old... I am hoping it would be pvc? But I really dont have a clue.

What do you all think??? then i could have a valve inside the garge where i have all my mixing cans. Would be great.

Thanks

In the tort yes. But, there will be a 90 directly behind the hose bib. It most likely will turn up which means you want you hole to be above. But, it could turn down or to the side. You won't know until you cut the drywall. My guess is that it is copper not PVC.

You don't want to burry a valve (especially self piercing) in a wall because of the possibility of leaks that you would not see cause major damage over time. Lastly, if you try to sell the house a home inspector would note that as a trouble area and many would move on to a different house or require you to have it professionally fix.

Look into what they call a gater- bite. Very easy to use. Lowes or H.D will have them.

Fishlips;825853 wrote: Look into what they call a gater- bite. Very easy to use. Lowes or H.D will have them.

Do you mean Shark Bite? They are great however pretty expensive. In the right application though they are tough to beat.

rdnelson99;825855 wrote: Do you mean Shark Bite? They are great however pretty expensive. In the right application though they are tough to beat.

+1 Best plumbing invention since the inside toilet!

rdnelson99;825855 wrote: Do you mean Shark Bite? They are great however pretty expensive. In the right application though they are tough to beat.
Actually there is one called Gatorbite but yes same thing.

Thanks for the advice. I have see the Shark stuff at HD. I was going to try and use a plastic box or something to expose the connection so I could see if it leaked. But thanks for the warning. Like the box that has the water connections behind my washing machine.

Thanks. Doesnt sound too undoable though?

No it isnt. But this gives me more ideas. I will need to make a drain line in the same place as my source, in the wall compartment... I think I can do that. I can just do about the same thing as the drain for my AC, maybe even catch the water for other uses.

thanks much

Back