Tds reading is 002

codywylie

Market
Reaction score
Should I change the membrane if my tds level is a 002 on my ro system or is this acceptable? ??

cody wylie lawrenceville

codywylie;1069059 wrote: Should I change the membrane if my tds level is a 002 on my ro system or is this acceptable? ??

cody wylie lawrenceville

You will get different answers and opinions. Some people will tell you anything below 2 is suitable for aquatics. Personally and at Premier we change the membrane if it is reading anything other then 0. Because if it's reading 002 that means the membrane is pretty much done and will just keep getting worse the longer you keep running it. So the best answer is to change it as soon as you start reading any TDS.

How many stages do you have? And at what point is it reading 2? I've simply replaced my DI resin to get it back down to 0. Now, if you exhaust your DI quickly, it's probably time to change the membrane. How old is the unit?

aXio;1069067 wrote: You will get different answers and opinions. Some people will tell you anything below 2 is suitable for aquatics. Personally and at Premier we change the membrane if it is reading anything other then 0. Because if it's reading 002 that means the membrane is pretty much done and will just keep getting worse the longer you keep running it. So the best answer is to change it as soon as you start reading any TDS.

I agree, once you get any reading other than zero, your membrane will only get worse.

I've recently changed my 2 gac filters and my sediment filter and I have 2 di filters that I just changed and one is a color changing di. But I did not change the membrane because I was told it would be good for twice as long as all the other filters.. I'm thinking I should go ahead and change the membrane

cody wylie lawrenceville

Back