Teflon Tape

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey so with my plumbing there seems to be some leaks coming from the threaded part of the bulkhead and the male adapter. I have it as tight as i can get it. Should i use teflon tape on it?

I use teflon tape on all threaded joints. If it still seems a little loose, wrap it a few times. I know a few guys swear by thread dope and I'm sure it would work too (better?) but I've always used the tape.

I only use thread dope because it is easier to apply than the tape for me. Both should work well

I’ve always heard Teflon tape isn’t the best for leaks. I used some sort of paste on all my threaded pvc stuff. I fixed a couple leaks with it and haven’t had any issues since.

Hey so with my plumbing there seems to be some leaks coming from the threaded part of the bulkhead and the male adapter. I have it as tight as i can get it. Should i use teflon tape on it?

Is it leaking where a pipe threads into the bulkhead or around the large nut that tightens the bulkhead? If it is the nut, did you put the washer on the non-nut side of the glass?

Is it leaking where a pipe threads into the bulkhead or around the large nut that tightens the bulkhead? If it is the nut, did you put the washer on the non-nut side of the glass?
Its not leaking there. I think I got it taken care of.

Back