Tek vs ATI fixture

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
I'm thinking of supplementing my LED with T5s. So my plan is to buy a 6bulb T5 fixture, gut the center reflectors, and put my LED inside with proper ventilation/heat sink. Does anyone have experience with either one of these fixtures and know if one is better than the other in general?

Might be just me but I would not carve up an ATI fixture, I would find a way to attach LED strips to the outside of the fixture supplement color. I am unfamiliar with Tek so may that might work.

Tek was the original beast t5 fixture. They're fsntastic, but discontinued years ago. ATI are amazing units. You can't go wrong with either.

here is the TEK light 8 bulb, I added the moon light and some blue led ,
have it for many years now, this thing will grow anything
I am not familiar with the ATI fixture
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1016733=59693-DSC_0237E.jpg
>
1016733=59693-DSC_0237E.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0237E.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1016733=59692-DSC_0238E.jpg
>
1016733=59692-DSC_0238E.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC_0238E.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I was just checking out the prices

WOW

And you still have to buy bulbs every 12 months

I have the TEK 8 bulb fixture, I would be thinking about placing led strips in place of a bulb, don't know if that could cause an issue with the ballast since I believe there's 4 ballast, each running two bulbs, thus leaving only one bulb in a ballast, if I'm not mistaken...

I had a TEK fixture about 7 years ago. It would grow anything I put in the tank. Amazing light.

joseayes;1016870 wrote: I have the TEK 8 bulb fixture, I would be thinking about placing led strips in place of a bulb, don't know if that could cause an issue with the ballast since I believe there's 4 ballast, each running two bulbs, thus leaving only one bulb in a ballast, if I'm not mistaken...

I added the led on the outside on a 1" strip on aluminum I didn't have to mesh with the ballast

Back