Tell me I shouldn't do it(or how to)

Doberman13

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I recently got this 1.5G Aquarium Masters tank from a buddy. It measures 12"x6"x6"
IMG_20200228_213049.jpg

I am debating on drilling this and adding it to my small office system. I'm not sure what the plans would be, maybe putting my BTA in this tank due to it slowly taking up more room than I would like in my 22g DT, maybe just filling it with zoas.

If I did decide to drill it I would need to figure out how. Would an RO line be enough for the return? I guess I would use a 1/2 bulkhead for the drain and maybe make my own tiny overflow.

What are yall's thoughts? If you had a 1.5g plumbed into your system what would you use it for?

IMG_20200228_213044.jpg

Looks like a fun project. That little tank is going to be hard to drill without cracking

Could silicone a plate or circle of acrylic a little larger than the largest part of the bulkhead then take your time. Then pain the back should be almost invisible.

You don’t don’t care if you break it go right ahead. It could be a fun project tied into your system. It will prolly crack being that it’s so thin.

Back