Tell me if any of you that...

washowi

Market
Reaction score
have Pocillapora have noticed that it has spawned recently? Jenn at Imagine Ocean says someone else had it happen as well....

My tank has little "pora" corals on everything! Wish I knew when it happened. Every piece of bare rock..dead corals, everywhere!

Tank must be doing well for that to happen though....:)

Cool

If you wanna give away some babies I have a tank they would love. LOL!!! Awsome news, Congrats!!!

I run moonlights 24/7 because I am too lazy to put it on a timer...And I have too many timers..

No wave maker, but I run the Tunze 6100's in a wave fashion off the multi-timer....but no true waves...back and forth motion only with the Tunzes

Once the baby Pora's get bigger...I will be more than happy to give some out.

Todd

Sounds good todd... Definately like you have a "natural ecosystem"

Todd, I have had mine spawn. I think Jenn was talking about me. I told her about mine starting to take over my tank a few weeks ago. I brought in my big piece for store credit. I still find new, tiny pocillopora in new spots of my tank every day. Its even growing on one of my return pipes.

-Andy

Pocillopora are known for asexually reproducing in the aquairum. Usually, it's a process called polyp bailout, where the poci "ejects" some polyps that float and drift, and where they land, they start a new colony.

Back