temp probe ac3 reading 123 degrees??

slayer

Market
Reaction score
i purchased a ac3 from the recent power buy , but today my lights didnt cut on and i went to check out the ac3 and it showed a temp of 123 degrees.. my heart stopped beating for a second. i put in heaters last week because of the change in weather... i knew it couldnt be true cause the tank wasnt bubbling and the fish weren't broiling :yay: ... my question to you guys out there who have the ac3 ,,,,is my temp probe gone bad? i tried cleaning it and put it back but same thing.cant call them today to find out what their gaurentee policy is..or how the power buy affects warentee.. any clues??

The PB wouldn't have any affect on the warrenty... sounds like a temp probe issue. I'd wait it out and give them a call tomorrow.
Good luck, I had the same thing happen with one of my RK2s

Send them an email. I've had Curt respond even on weekends and evenings.

What is it reading when you pull the probe out of the water? You may have some leaky voltage in the tank that's interfering with the controller.

I had the same thing happen with mine. It was a bad probe. Turns out the probes are actually quite sensitive to being "crimped", so be careful not to bend it sharply.

circlek is correct... this is typically the reading you get when the probe isn't transmitting data to the main unit. Bad probe or it has become sharply bent.

Back