Test kits

kevinathom

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with Seachem Nitrate /tite and ammonia test kits?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll have to give them a try. Seems I wasn't shaking my API reagents so now the tests are meaningless unless I buy a new kit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

While I'm one of Seachem's biggest cheerleaders, I'm not crazy about their ammonia test.

Having said that, I love all their other tests, and once a tank is cycled, there isn't really a need to test for ammonia unless a problem is suspected.

I've used their test kits exclusively for well over a decade.

API = waste of money, IMO.

Jenn

A bought their Nitrite/Nitrate test kit earlier this year and the Nitrates have never registered. I had to fall back to an old API kit to get through my cycle. Pretty sure I just got a bad kit. The Nitrite test seemed spot on. Hunting for a new Nitrate kit now.

And yes, I followed the instructions lol!

Why do you think you got a bad Seachem kit? Did you test the reference solution to check? That will tell you for certain, either way.

In the unlikely event that you did get a bad Seachem kit, call 888-Seachem and give them the lot numbers from the reagents and they can confirm if there is a problem with the lot, or help you with your testing method, or replace the reagents if they are bad.

Jenn

Back