test kits

skriz

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a few more test kits, as I should be testing more things.

Mg and Phosphate, which brand? API, Salifert, Red Sea, Seachem?

I just bought all new seachem test kits, anyone know how well they work?

Ive always used salifert but mine are 5 years old so I thought it might be time to replace them, I would have gotten them again but everyone was out of the salifert mg and I didnt want to mix and match test kits.

i have not seen Lamotte yet, would you concider them to be better than Salifert? Salifert are easy to use and they seem to last a while. I think the Ca and Mg are good for 50+ tests.

I have the salifert Ca test. I thought their version of the P04 test was bad?

Lamotte kits are "high end" but the Ca test kit is hard to use IMO. Salifert is the easiest to use that is consistent in my book. I know someone around here got into a debate with me over that point as Salifert apparently put out a couple of bad batches, but this happens with test kits in general and upon further testing Salifert offered eplacements on that batch of kits.

Salifert for the Mg, don't waste the money on their PO4 kit, I can never get it to read anything. I have one you can buy, cheap ;) . I think my next test "kit" purchase will be this or something like it:
prod_display.cfm

Back