The aftermath and the rehabilitation

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
So I pulled my old 55 gallon out of the
by2ybype.jpg
alt="" />workshop and set it up until I get my tank this weekend. I am picking up a 46 gallon bow front complete setup from a fellow member. Until I get this home here are photos of the temporary tank.
ysarebav.jpg
alt="" />

Now I also picked up some new fish and some corals from some local reefers. Including a tomato clown, a paired set of ocellaris clowns, and many different corals. I lost the male from my pair of ocelleris so when I introduced the new pair I placed my lone female in a old hang on viewing tank like they used to keep bettas in at the lfs. He stayed in there for 3 days while the new pair adjusted to him. By the 3rd day the new pair pretty much stayed right next to the viewing container. So I released the clown into the tank and the three have been happily swimming together for the last 8 hours. And the tomatoe clown just plays right on with them.
9yju9e6e.jpg
alt="" />

I am very excited that everything has come back strong and my corals are beginning to regenerate themselves. Once I get this 46 bowfront I will be adding yet another ocellaris to the group making a small school. I plan to add the new one the same way so hopefully they will except the new guy as well as they have my other clown. If not I have a 125 he can go in. Additionally I will have a melanarous wrasse and a bunch of larger colonies of mushrooms and kenya trees. I. Pretty excited. And thank you to everybody who has made this disaster much easier to deal with.

Hopefully you don't have any issues with having three clownfish...
Good luck with everything!

I hope I don't. I have seen many other successfully keep 3 but we shall see. If it doesn't work I can throw up another tank for the odd ball

Keep us posted. From what I've heard and read.This rarely tuns out well.But we hope for the best.

I have 3 clowns. When I had 4 they beat the crap out of one and had to get rid of it. I've had 3 for a year now but the 3rd is odd man out and stays over on opposite side of the tank. She is also a runt and smaller than the breeding pair......odd

Back