The best aquarium stands

ichthyoid

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
So, who makes the best aquarium stand and why is it the best? What is important to you?

I’m planning to use 2 different commercial stands in an upcoming build and received this APS stand by Innovative Marine today.

It’s the only commercial product, that I’ve found, with a frame made from aluminum.

I’ll be doing a build thread later, once the components have all arrived.

Please share your experiences & comments.

IMG_4148.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MODE Aquariums has a new product line called the Infinity Series which has an aluminum stand. You get the tank, stand (with interchangable side panels - black/white), sump, and all plumbing for just a tad more than the cost of an Innovative Marine tank and stand. Unlike IM, I don't think MODE will sell the stand separately. And the stand has a vertical support on the front middle, so the sump can only go in/out through the sides; not sure if IM is the same way or not. The channel EAT SLEEP Reef on YouTube has a video showcasing the tanks.

I'm planning to buy the IM Nuvo Ext 75 next year. Going to pass on the stand though because I have a cat that will climb on a mesh top and I don't want a glass top. Instead, I'm just going to build a stand and canopy out of wood.

I wish one of these companies would have an optional canopy. If I bought their stand, I figure it would be too difficult to match the material and color of a DIY canopy with the side panels on their stand.

Looking forward to your build thread!

Last edited:
I ended up buying tank/stand separately and got a slightly better price doing so, because of sales.
My main display is an IM Nuvo 50 EXT and also have a 25 Lagoon EXT for a frag tank, but will use a different stand for the 25.
There may be a 3rd tank, a possible display refugium, down the road.
I'm using black furniture because of contrast (shows off tanks better), ease of matching ...& my wife said so ;)
Will be using floating hybrid fixtures and screen tops because of the look I'm trying to achieve. A clean, modern & artfully beautiful display.

Last edited:
Framingtech makes aluminum stands to order that are super strong and easy to piece together. You would have to have cabinet doors etc made for it by someplace else though.

I looked at FramingTech, and could also design & buy extrusion myself, if I wanted to go that route. This was actually my original thought/plan.
I decided on commercial products to keep costs 'known', and minimize impact on project timeline.
I should have said that IM makes the only 'standard' product made of aluminum. Everything else I saw using aluminum was a custom product.

Back