slayer

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-size: 13px;">
CORALCRADLED05aR01aP01ZL_mdm.jpg
alt="" /></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;">A acrylic frag plug that stands separated from the rest.</span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">The ultimate coral frag plug. This plug was designed to offer multiple options for the mounting of coral frags. The plug itself is injection moulded, this means its ready to use straight out of the bag. You do not have to cure the plugs, and they do not leach out any harmful chemicals such as phosphates. The plug was made to be used in eggcrate, and can be placed directly into any hole of the eggcrate or its legs can be mounted directly on the "crosses" of the eggcrate to lock into place. The pegs on the lower half of the eggcrate were designed to give the frag plug a "lift" so that maturing coral would not encrust onto the eggcrate itself. The pegs also stop the frag plug spinning on its axis due to the current of reef tanks. The pegs can also be used to rubberband down corals. There is a notch in the top of the cradle to hold down toothpicks. Harder to mount corals such as xenia and leathers can now be pierced with a toothpick and then be attached into the toothpick notch and secured with a rubberband to the plugs pegs. Once the coral has matured and encrusted onto the plug, the toothpick can be removed. There are also four holes in the top of the frag plug to tie down more finicky corals such as mushrooms. Once the coral frag is mature and ready to be placed into a display tank , both legs can be snapped off with pliers to mount flush onto live rock. The plug can also have both or one leg inserted into live rock holes as another mounting option. If you selling and shipping the frag the legs of the plug fit snuggly into styrofoam . When placed into a shipping bag the frag will always be engulfed in water as it will float upside down and not encur any damage during the shipping process and will avoid losses. The center cradle holds glue within it so that glue does not run, and offers support to tall sps frags so they are more sturdier. The frag plug can also be used to support the eggcrate itself if you flip it upside down. You simply attach 1/2 acrylic rods to the coral cradle and use these as legs for your eggcrate. As the coral cradle locks eggcrate into place, these become secure legs for your eggcrate. Each cradle only uses 4 squares of eggcrate to maximize space. The coral cradles come in black, white and clear.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">
coralcradle1.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>
coralcradle2.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle3.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle4.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle5.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle6.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle7.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle12.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle13.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle16.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle14.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle15.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle8.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle9.jpg
alt="" />

coralcradle10.jpg
alt="" />

Edit: Well here it is guys...

Im going to give away 10 packs of these free to my fellow arc members for review. Just shoot me a pm with your name and adress. (Dibs will go towards paid members first) And also let me know what color you would like - black, white or clear. Shipping is on me.. All i ask is that you let me know your thoughts on this product and possibly post some pics once your frags have started to grow.. Happy fragging!!

Pretty awesome!!!

Only question,
Where do I buy these like NOW?

Those dual use legs are genius!!!
I want them!

Hey Rob, thankx! , they're availble at the store right now, and a few etailers.. havent promoted them in a big way yet,,taking it slowly.. I need some more input so i can develop them more as well as my other frag plug products...:thumbs:

I hope you're talking about the kit-kat, that thing woul make fragging for anything encrusting a breeze...

Very well thought out! Impressive multiple-use plug, especially the holes for tying down softies, like zoas. I just recently had to try to tie down a few loose zoas with sewing thread, almost impossible to do.:thumbs::thumbs:

Those plugs support just about every type of coral you could think of. They are like the Swiss Army knife of frag plugs. Nice job.

youve got pm, thanks for the awesome offer. I'll gladly take photos and post a review to help you along. thanks again!!!

Edit: are the legs included I would like to try those too if available.

Thank you guys for the kind words.. All the packs are spoken for as of now.. Will be shipping them out this week !!!

Sorry the legs aren't included but easily obtainable.. You'll need 1/2 acrylic rods and they glue right into place. The legs will be something I will market later on..

it was designed for a 1/2 inch rod... never tried a 5/8 rod.. "might" possibly work..

I can't wait to get mine in, looking forward to a good product that has been needed for quite some time. Way to fill a niche man!!

I think it will fit, it would be more like a tight fit without having to glue it. Il test it out and find out.

Alright guys, ended up sending out over 20 packs today.. should arrive sometime next week. let me know what you think of them, or better yet send me/ post some pics of them in action..I would sure appreciate it..:yes:

I've been checking the mailbox all week lol. Can't wait either!!! Thanks again broseph!

I got mine in today!!!!!!!!!! I must say I'm really amazed at the thought that went into making these. The toothpick slot, the mini legs for lift off the eggcrate, the four small holes for mounting the coral with string. Also I'm very impressed that you thought about shipping with the design. They float so if you have a coral on the plug in a bag of water the plug will rise to the top so that the coral will be under water and you don't have to worry about it. These will be the only plugs I use from now on!!!!

Great job, very well made!!!!!!! I really can't brag enough about them. Ecpect some pics from me when I move some stuff over. Thanks again for the free trial!

Back