the devastation!

tanks4life

Market
Reaction score
Ok so only one person on here knows this but I have been battling cancer. I was going to pick up a clam a few weeks ago and I had some trouble after chemo and was left hospitalized. I get out after a few weeks and everything seems fine. My reef was low on water but other than that was great. My predator tank was much worse off. Everyone had ich. I started treatment and then get the call. My grandmother passed away. So I had to make the trip to Wisconsin leaving my tanks alone for yet another week. My loving spouse did the best he could to take care of my tanks. Followed every rule to the letter. Feeding the reef once a day with garlic enhanced pellets, refilled the tank with tap water conditioned with prime. I mean pulled out the syringe and measured the prime to the letter. I'm so proud. Anyways. Aside from algae on the front glass everyone looks great in the reef tank. The predator tank however is a mass hair algae grave site. 2 nems, 2 dead lions, yellow tang, kole tang, sweetlips, coral cat, dog faced puffer, and various soft corals, all gone. Just big piles of moldy carcasses. So I am tearing the tank down. I will be converting the tank to freshwater and moving my 6 angels and live plants in. They are such a beauty so I am dropping a tank. I will be selling the 120 the angels are in along with all the liverock and the overflow canister filter with protein skimmer attached.

Sorry to hear that, things in life makes us suffer and our loved pets as well. Hope everything settles soon and you find relief on all that's been happening recently in your life.

So sorry for your many losses.
Life can sure be tough at times and it appears it's your turn! Hopefully the worst is over and you have only brighter days ahead!
I believe everything happens for a reason. If nothing else, this will make you stronger!
Prayers coming your way.
Debbie

I agree with Deb. I believe there is a reason for everything and it isn't until years later that we can look back and see that reason. But, keep things in perspective. Your health is the most important thing for you to worry about right now. I too will be praying. If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know. And remember, you have a whole army of people here willing to help care for those tanks when you are not able. Call on them.

rdnelson99;1003744 wrote: I agree with Deb. I believe there is a reason for everything and it isn't until years later that we can look back and see that reason. But, keep things in perspective. Your health is the most important thing for you to worry about right now. I too will be praying. If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know. And remember, you have a whole army of people here willing to help care for those tanks when you are not able. Call on them.

Camellia;1003742 wrote: So sorry for your many losses.
Life can sure be tough at times and it appears it's your turn! Hopefully the worst is over and you have only brighter days ahead!
I believe everything happens for a reason. If nothing else, this will make you stronger!
Prayers coming your way.
Debbie
Agreed. Very sorry for your losses and your battle with cancer. I hope you have the best of luck with your current issues and any that may arise in the future.

Thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry for your losses - both loved ones, and pets.

Prayers for both physical and spiritual/emotional healing for you, and yours.

Jenn

As a Stage 3B cancer survivor, I know exactly how you feel. Keep positive thoughts and don't allow the tank issues to be a distraction to you. One step at a time....keep putting one foot in front of the other even if it's inches and not feet. I lost 4 relatives this year and two of those were very very close to me.

If you need somebody to talk to....I'm all ears!

From my lifes experiences I have found that when I think that things are going badly for me, I just look over my shoulder. There is always someone who is much worse off. Praying for your recovery!

Tanks in local willing to stop by and give a hand hope all works out my friend let me kniw if you need a hand would be my honor

Back