The great escape artist

saltwaterwannabe

Market
Reaction score
Well, my diamond goby apparently was quite the escape artist. He leaped through a 3/8 inch space with a 90 degree bend to reach my filter pad at the back of my biocube. While I do not like it, I am not whining about it. What I am very interested in is how to prevent this from occurring again since I lost 2 clowns in an older version biocube the same way. Unlike my last biocube, this one has a protective guard to prevent this from happening. I will be upgrading before long to my 90 gallon that I am about to setup, but I still want to understand how I can better setup a tank to prevent fish from leaping to their peril.

The coral are flourishing, coralline is rapidly covering the tank, and everything generally looks great so I do not think they are trying to escape:) Any pointers would be well received.

Unfortunately, just about any fish can jump. The bullet-shaped ones are more prone, but I've seen just about everything jump over the years... even a 10" long cowfish turned itself into a crispy critter by jumping out.

Covers and guards are about all you can do.

Jenn

Back