The itch

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
I’m getting that craving for coral and would like to add some light blue candy cane and kryptonite candy cane to my tank but I am unsure if it would be wise seeing as the tank has only been up and running for 2 months. What are you guys and gals thoughts?

I’m getting that craving for coral and would like to add some light blue candy cane and kryptonite candy cane to my tank but I am unsure if it would be wise seeing as the tank has only been up and running for 2 months. What are you guys and gals thoughts?
Is your ugly phase over already?

If you already have coral, it's too late to ask if its ready..........honestly candy cane is super hardy and would probably be fine if you just HAD to add something. My personal opinion is that you should wait a bit longer.

If you already have coral, it's too late to ask if its ready..........honestly candy cane is super hardy and would probably be fine if you just HAD to add something. My personal opinion is that you should wait a bit longer.
Yea I know, went to buy filter socks and walked out with $300 in coral and no filter socks. The trachy are looking awesome though

I got some kryptonite candy cane when you are ready
I so want kryptonite candy cane....but I’m waiting till my tank is ready I’m in ugly stage..diatoms...no algae’s...but I also added pods to main tank...and two snails....I’ll wait patiently...although I want 2 clowns ...the struggles are real but I can wait

if i were you, i would start with some zoas or palys. they always seem to thrive in the earlier stage of a tank. they do very well in higher nitrates commonly found in new tanks. although lps are hardy i found they do a lot better in a more established tank.

Last edited:
Back