The non stop gha...

YoungReefer10g

Market
Reaction score
I am having a horrible gha problem! I cant get rid of it! I manually remove it with my hands and toothbrush. I got a urchin (which i admit is taking out a majority of it). It just seems to grow faster than anything can stop it. I have some nopox i could dose but my nitrates are undetectable. I have been dosing vibrant. I do weekly 20 percent water changes. Should I take out the rocks and replace them? It might be a hard task cause my RFA's foot is deep inside of it, plus I have a huge clean up crew.

I'm willing to bet you're feeding flakes or pellets?

So I found I had HUGE phosphates issues when I fed pellets - those exact pellets. I only feed frozen now and run a huge fuge. Just my two cents.

So I found I had HUGE phosphates issues when I fed pellets - those exact pellets. I only feed frozen now and run a huge fuge. Just my two cents.
Interesting. What are your thoughts on me stopping feeding the pellets and doing a blackout for like 5 days or so?

Do you have a refugium? Or a GFO reactor?

Hmm. Then you really don't have a way to export nutrients then. A blackout isn't going to do anything. You've gotta find a way to get those phosphates out. if you blackout, all the dead algae is just gonna feed new algae. You're gonna have to do hella water changes, use GFO, set up a fuge, or set up an algae scrubber.

Oof. I don't know man. Do you have a sump?

not at the moment :( Trying to build one lol scrapping parts as i find them. Maybe for right now use a gfo?

You can try gfo to keep down the phosphate. I would recommend a two little fishies reactor (since you can hang it on a tank) or a brs reactor. Either way you will need a pump to force the water through the gfo

if you don’t have the fund, you can just put the gfo in a mesh bag and put it in your hob filter. it will work to a certain extent although not as efficient as the previous recommendation.

Back