Think this is on my list for a gift for my son

hhv00586

Market
Reaction score
a>

I love how they say this fixes the need for scrubbing the glass... because algae isn't going to grow there anymore haha

Cool idea, none the less.

Not a tank - a 'bowl'... I don't see how it can work to get all the poop out.

Oh and I let out a silent scream when I saw them putting tap water straight from the faucet. :eek:

Jenn

JennM;1063103 wrote: Not a tank - a 'bowl'... I don't see how it can work to get all the poop out.

Oh and I let out a silent scream when I saw them putting tap water straight from the faucet. :eek:

Jenn
All of this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JennM;1063103 wrote: Not a tank - a 'bowl'... I don't see how it can work to get all the poop out.

Jenn

Neat idea, but no provisions for a heater or filter. I do not envy the fish put in there.

forget all the rest, did you see the retail cost, don't think so.
I guess shark tank passed on it.

There are many other very similar "Self Water Changing" kits out on the market right now. Most of which are small and made mainly for Betta fish, I actually stock some that are a traditional square shape versus being a bowl... so heaters are a bit easier to use.

I have to agree at $60+ that glorified fish bowl is WAY too much money. The ones I sell are around $20.

While these kits do draw water from the bottom of the tank/bowl below the substrate... I have to agree with Jenn... it will never get all of the waste out and you will still have wipe the sides down for algae.

If you're after shortcuts, this is not the hobby to be in.

Jenn

It's cute! Then you would both have "fish" tanks!

If your young son can skip the nasty of cleaning out a beta fish bowl it could be the start of his love for aquariums, you never know :)

Back