thinking about a beer tank?

jetchris

Market
Reaction score
I want to fill a tank with beer that acts like a beer refrigerator. I would have a chiller to keep the beer cold. Any thoughts?

Wouldn't you have to keep the beer pressurized too? Wouldn't it go flat? Unless you were planning on drinking it fairly quickly.

Why dont you just set up a nano tank with the taps sticking out of the stand. Run the keg remotely in a kegerator. In the tank you could aquascape with glass beer bottles and plastic/glass beer memorabilia. Yay!

you make me laugh.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
167032=10325-bbeaa2c3e8[1].jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
167032=10325-bbeaa2c3e8[1].jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="bbeaa2c3e8[1].jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I wouldn't try to keep any bta's in there.

However, it could be a good system for harley davidson fish or the college football fish. Although dottybacks could thrive in the environment, you must take care when choosing their colors... For example, a Georgia Tech Gold or a Florida Orange/Blue one do not fare well in a tank with a school of UGA fish.

davidbgreen;167035 wrote: I wouldn't try to keep any bta's in there.

However, it could be a good system for harley davidson fish or the college football fish. Although dottybacks could thrive in the environment, you must take care when choosing their colors... For example, a Georgia Tech Gold or a Florida Orange/Blue one do not fare well in a tank with a school of UGA fish.

yeah-of course the much prettier UGA fish would kill them

ericmcj31;167038 wrote: yeah-of course the much prettier UGA fish would kill them

Yes, they would be forced to by the nerdy antics of the blue and gold fish, and by the inbred redneck ways of the blue and orange fish (wearing cut-off jean shorts.)

Chris, drill a hole in the bottom of the tank and a hole in the side, then plumb your tap from the kegerator to the side of the tank. Hide the plumbing with live rock, and Voila!, your guests will expect fish water to come out, but no, it's beer!

HOORAY BEER!!!

Back