Thinking about getting a dwarf fuzzy lionfish

mike_chisel

Reaction score
I've been reading up on them this past week, I know most of the information and I won't be getting one for a few months anyway. Plans are to get a smaller juvenile and train it on frozen if it's not already taking it to reduce the risk of it eating my clowns. Hopefully by their point the clowns will be a decent size as well. Any advice on care and training for frozen is appreciated, also I don't know exactly which lfs would be best to get it from I'm in Lawrenceville and I don't want to pay for shipping on only one fish. If anyone here has one post pics of the little bugger too, they look like such goofballs :)
c412fb98c45f82fd7da02ff6384e5316.jpg
alt="" /> picture of my old clowns for fun.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Those look like good sized clowns. Fuzzy do not get very big in comparison to other lions. You might be fine with the fuzzy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Those are from my old cube, but my new ones should be a good size by the time I add the fuzzy

I have small clowns in my tank and my dwarf lion could care less about them. I think my lion is super cool looking. He eats brine shrimp, along with really any meaty foods I feed to my snowflake eel

That's good to know I've read that as long as they're happy and fed they won't bother anything

Had one for years and never had a problem with it. One of my favorite fish. It went missing one day and I found the bones when I tore down the tank. He had jumped through a very small hole next to some plumbing.
Ther is some of them that are almost ruby red , beautiful!

That's sad to hear, hopefully I can find a nice red one or one with some yellow on him when I get mine, I just finished my custom mesh top for my bowfront so I should be ok in that respect

Nice fish, lots of personality. Just keep in mind that shrimp are on the menu too, as well as any fishes that are small enough to fit in its mouth - and even if they are slightly larger than its mouth.

And of course, they are venomous, so it goes without saying that caution is in order when working in the tank. They aren't aggressive toward people, usually. Most tags are accidental and the human's fault. :)

Jenn

Got one with all sorts of fish from small to large with lots of corals. He took to frozen immediately and never had any issues. Got it from the fish store

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hhv00586;1093964 wrote: Got one with all sorts of fish from small to large with lots of corals. He took to frozen immediately and never had any issues. Got it from the fish store

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking, I've been there before lots of selection to chose from don't remember if they had any when I went, did you have to order it through them?

Daddy0311;1093973 wrote: Think I paid like 40$ from pure reef for mine. They always have them in stock
That's about 40 min from me so not too bad, I'll keep it in mind for when it's time to add it to my tank thanks 👍

I had a dwarf a few years back. Loved him (or her as the case may be). Lived in a 55 with my snowflake moray eel. Lots of personality. would eat silversides right out of my hands (actually tongs, no use in being stupid) :lol2:

also loved brine when I brought them home. He would gobble them until he looked a bowling ball with a spiked mohawk. I didn't do that too often, but it was a party when i did.

Just my $.02 worth
jg

Back