thinking of adding an RBTA

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
when did you guys first add one? my tank is nearly 7 months old ive had lots of tanks in the past but ive never kept one this tank i would like to get one. ive kept excellent water quality and i never had any hair algae

I waited a year on my end. But i think it was more because of my experiance level, not my tank levels. but most threads I have read say at least 6 months.

I added mine after about six months, and it's been happy now for 3.5 years. I think the six month "rule" is more to keep people from getting them when the levels in there new tanks are still prone to jumping around. IME anemones are super easy to keep as long as their needs are met.

You should be fine. They are quite easy to keep. Especially the ones coming from captive parents.
Most of them die from getting chopped up by power heads and not so much from water quality.

Will be fine if you don't mind your other corals getting stung. One of the worst decisions I've made was adding one to the tank. Best was getting rid of them (clones).

I got my first one at 3 months ( I new nothing about cycling ) and it lived for 1 year and melted away one day.. They are definelty very hardy.

tonymission;974992 wrote: Will be fine if you don't mind your other corals getting stung. One of the worst decisions I've made was adding one to the tank. Best was getting rid of them (clones).

thats why i wanted to add one now i have very few corals so far i wanted to add one and hopefully it found a spot it liked then i would add more corals down the road

bcrueter;974927 wrote: i waited a year on my end. But i think it was more because of my experiance level, not my tank levels. But most threads i have read say at least 6 months.

+1

Back