Thinking of changing 2part opinions

Rickdareefa

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey guys ive been dosing brs 2part for the past year but im thinking of switching to esv bionic cuz its supposed to include trace elements. Thought this might be useful due to that fact that i hardly ever do water changes unless you count replacing water after selling a few frags lol. Does anyone use this? Or possibly something else besides a calc reactor?
Thx for your comments!

I've been using B-Ionic for almost 10 years, easy to use and has trace elements. I also find this brand very affordable when you purchase in the 4g buckets. You get 1 - 4g bucket of each part for around $90/free shipping (BRS). Thats $11.25/gal, it comes concentrated so il y sed to do is add a couple gals of RODI water to each bucket and mix it up. Pretty easy and not to costly at all.

Yup. I also use B-Ionic 8 gallon pack for the majority of the past 10 years as well. The only time I switched away from B-ionic, was when I got a great deal on Fritz RPM for a couple years.

Great quality, and great price!

I've been using B-Ionic for almost 10 years, easy to use and has trace elements. I also find this brand very affordable when you purchase in the 4g buckets. You get 1 - 4g bucket of each part for around $90/free shipping (BRS). Thats $11.25/gal, it comes concentrated so il y sed to do is add a couple gals of RODI water to each bucket and mix it up. Pretty easy and not to costly at all.
Are you having to use the magnesium additive? Or is the mag in the 2 part substantial enough?

Don’t believe it is part of the 2-part but I rarely have the need to dose mag. Could be that I do frequent water changes and that’s enough to keep the mag stable.

Actually, I can provide a little additional insight.

Yes, according to the manufacturer, it does include trace elements including magnesium. Their product testing provides enough magnesium to usually keep it from depleting, using only the 2-part. However, in some circumstances with customers, they found some tanks consume magnesium at a faster rate. For this reason, ESV also sells a magnesium supplement. But they do not recommend purchasing and using this supplement unless testing shows the included magnesium in their 2-part isn’t enough for your tank.

Back