Thinking of starting a saltwater fish/coral delivey business.

mshady

Reaction score
Please tell me what you think. I have ran a corporate retail store for 20 years. I have kept a reeftank for the last 16 years. I live in north Ga and have always hated driving at least 45 minutes to the nearest fish store. I am considering starting a business that will hand deliver saltwater fish, corals and aquarium products to your door. I would only be able to service North Ga in the beginning but would like to expand. The products would be normal/sale retail prices.  There would have to be a minimum order and I would charge a small fee like 50¢ a mile for delivery. Which is much cheaper than shipping cost from other online sites. I would also be able to answer any questions about the product.

Cool idea. I too live in North Atlanta and can’t always carve out 4+ hours for a run to the store. The mail order stuff always seems stressed when I finally get it into the tank.

If I decide to do Local pickup in Calhoun, Ga for corals and fish would anyone be interested in that? I’m trying to get an idea if I would have a good customer base.

I think its a great idea.  If you do decide to go with any type of commercial sales we do offer a three tiered Sponsor program for ARC.  You can contact me or @brandonmason for more information on the program.

I wouldn't see it being a major part of my hobby. Maybe under emergency situations. I live and work near some of the stores though. What about pickup and delivery of privately sold items? It may be worth including it with aquarium maintenance.

Back