Thinking of TEK lighting

grouper

Market
Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon oceanic tank. I getting ready to upgrade my lights to TEK Light T5 48" with 6 Lamp. What are your thoughts about the TEK? Does anyone have one? Since the tank is deep, do you think the lights will hit the bottom of the tank? Thanks.:thumbs:

I just purchased two TEK5 24in fixtures. Workmanship is great. Very sleek 2.5 in profile and a nice hanging system. Price is right. The bulbs are purchased separately, so find the best bulbs for you situation and you should be set.

I purchased mine from Tim at Keen's reef.

i loved my tek light. i had a 36" 4 bulbs, i really wanted the 6 bulb, but i found my 4 bulb on ebay with 4 month old geissmann bulbs for like $115 shipped

2 thumbs up on the tek light 48" 8 bulb Tek light here.... My tank is 24" deep and theres no problem.

i had a 4 bulb 36" fixture. thought it was great overall but as always depends on what you want to keep. I wasnt able to keep SPS towards the bottom. but towards the top anything was great

I am running the 8 bulb on my 90g and it gets good light at the bottom of the tank. I got mine from Andy at Reef Tank lighting and the price was very low. Around 350 or so and he gave me the legs and hanging brackets.

WILLIAM1;293101 wrote: 2 thumbs up on the tek light 48" 8 bulb Tek light here.... My tank is 24" deep and theres no problem.

Do you have an oceanic tank? Did you hang it or use the mounting legs?

can anyone please post pictures of your tank with tek light. I'd love to switch my light from MH to T-5 Tek lighting

thanks,

This pics a little older but will do.
47375234id7.jpg
alt="" /></a>

nickskains;294628 wrote: Here is a picture of mine. This is with actinics on.

2-20-09073.jpg
alt="" />

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq122/nickskains/2-20-09073.jpg%5B/IMG%5D" alt="" />[/QUOTE]

I see that you mounted yours with the legs. Are the kegs adjustable? How far shoulf the lights be from the tank?

With T5s, they should be as close to the water as you are comfortable running them. The HO Teks shouldnt transfer much heat to the water, so really salt spray is the only concern. Mine are about 3" off the water. THis is assuming you want maximum light out of the fixture.

Nick, your color looks reall nice. Will you post your bulb combo?

The legs are adjustable to a degree. Maybe 3-6 inches of adjustment. I am running my lights about 5" off the surface of the water. I evap maybe 1-2 gallons a day but I am running alot of flow in my tank, roughly 4200gph with a decent amout of surface agitation.

Bulb combo from front to back is:
Ati Blueplus
Geisemann Pure Actinic
Ati Blueplus
UVL Aquasun
Ati Blueplus
Ati Aquablue
UVL 75.25
Ati Blueplus

Not a bad combo for lights. Gives a decent amount of blue and a hint of pink. The UVL bulbs arent as high par as the Ati ones but they give nice color and the Aquasun is pretty good growth.

wow. those pictures are really looking good. I think I am ready to switch to the tek lighting.

thanks

Back