THIS exemplifies the true spirit of the ARC!

curator

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I set up my first tank (29 gal.Biocube) in September, and have learned what little I know from books, staff at some of the live fish stores and posing questions on this site. Because no one knowledgeable about reef tanks had actually seen my tank, I sent a pm to a member of ARC on whom I'm always able to depend for reliable information, asking if they knew anyone that would be willing to come see my tank and critique it, and clarify some questions I had about coral and rock placement, as well as attachment. I offered to pay someone $50 to do this. They recommended another member, whom I contacted to request a “house call.” This person, along with their significant other (am I being secretive enough?) spent nearly two hours at my home, during which time I learned an enormous amount of valuable information from them both. Upon them preparing to leave, I attempted to give them $50 as a gesture of my appreciation and they refused to take it!</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Now that’s what I call organization camaraderie, and I look forward to knowing enough to assist others in this manner!</span></span>

Sounds like that guy who is the top poster and Brandon's side kick (but not significant other)....:)

sounds like that was a nice fellow ARC-er--there are a lot of them around here-

I think it was Brandon and I don't think there is any harm in saying so. Our president is many things and generous with his time and knowledge certainly ranks up there.

Dakota9;118153 wrote: I think it was Brandon and Cameron.......

guess my wedding invite was lost in the mail.

Thanks, Curator, for sharing your positive experience.

There's a lot of this that goes on that isn't shared, and I think it should be. Kudos deserved should be awarded.

I posed the same idea to Mitch (Mavi) and offered money to do the same once I got my new ph's in. He said no prob. And no $$ needed.. Lots of great members here..

LOL... No there is no harm in say who did this wonderful thing... <Grin>

Listen, I will be the first to lead by example whenever I can. This clus IS made up of GREAT people. I am honored to serve as the president of this group and give whatever I can, whenever I can. Ok, enough back patting for me, because there is no less then 50 other members who would have done the same thing.

John, I hope the tank is looking a bit better. (Not that it was bad to start off with!) Myself (and my sidekick), Cameron, and many others will be here to give you good advice and help you as you learn more. It is one of the MANY "perks" to being an ARC member. Make sure you PM me with updates to how everything is going. It was truely a pleasure getting to meet you and see your nano.

If you would have offered Little Debbies he would probably still be there.

LMAO... You know it... This fat kid would do just about anything for a Little Debbie Cream Pie.... Ummm that just sounds bad, nevermind!

Little Debbie Cream Pies are the secret... hmmm... now we know what to bribe the president with.

Back