This is despert!

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
It looks like I need to rehome my turbo snails. I watched this turbo suck on this little crab (inside and out) for over ten minutes! The crab didn't appear to be enjoying it one bit either!
ce5efd3b22e7c937de2245ee9ed21b0a_zps2e0e9464.jpg
alt="" />
626c9f3f9f7f4ca2da6a437d46ee5849_zps266b5ee9.jpg
alt="" />

I have three, let me know if your interested.

i wouldnt worry about it debbie they do more good than harm and hes probably just cleaning the algae off the shell.

Your right B, there's such little algae in the tank its resorted to cleaning a snail. It just seems like its desperately searching for food.
Anyone know if these guys can survive if there isn't visible algae in a tank?

Dewey, do you have a lot of algae?

If there isnt enough algae he'll slowly starve so you can rehome him or put a nori or some kind of seaweed sheet in there for him if you really want to keep him...

You can use sinking algae wafers to supplement for the snails if you need to. Or a piece of nori on a rock. The algae wafers are easier, IMO.

My turbos haul but for nori and sheets. I feed them a cpl times a week as there is little algae. Ime- if a turbo has little algae to eat (visible) they will die. They are voracious eaters!

Try some sheet algae here and there, they will thank you for it!

I would rather rehome if someone with an algae problem wants them. They knock everything over etc. Got to live them tho, they certainly can clean up a tank in a hurry when necessary.

Never heard back from Dewey about if he had an algae problem or not.

I have got 3 very large ones free to a good home full of algae!

Back