thoughts on these leds...

cbj25

Market
Reaction score
apollo 6. i have been looking for a good led to throw on my frag tank, i have the 120w member mods on my 125 and want to go a different direction just try something different out without getting a radion, other recommendations are welcomed. I would like to try something with cree's in them

You should send them a message and see if you can get a custom light configuration in there. If so add some UV in there. Also a 2 to 1 White to blue is going to be very white.

I looked at them but I could not find a price, apparently they are weird about that?

Yeah... They are. Shoot me your email and I'll send you the pricing lists. (you can also see the buy thread in the lounge if you hadn't already)

I saw it, and have reread it now, pm sent

Anyone else know of any other reccomendations for lighting a 48x18x12h, atm I only have a clip on 150w mh

you know my 250 is available if you want to use it till we are able to get led on that tank

cbj25;752784 wrote: I saw it, and have reread it now, pm sent

Anyone else know of any other reccomendations for lighting a 48x18x12h, atm I only have a clip on 150w mh

DYI led build?

the goal is to light my frag tank, suitable to grow sps but not break the bank so radion and ai prob arent gonna happen, i currently use bridgelux leds and kinda wanna look into some cree but would rather get a decent light at a good price. thinking about the dimmable member mods or eshinesystems

BigAl07;754849 wrote: I'm a huge fan of CREE LED (That's actually all I've used until my last unit which I can't remember what he used at ModularLED LOL).

What is "Member Mods LED"?

Chinese Black box LED's with a custom ratio of White, Blue, and UV LED's. Probably one of the cheapest and best options to get into LED's.

I think from a value standpoint, either the dimmable member modified LED's or a DIY cree build would be the best options. I could probably help you wire it if you go that route. You could always wait for the bigger square member modified fixture that rjr hinted at in one of his posts.

thesilence87;754859 wrote: I think from a value standpoint, either the dimmable member modified LED's or a DIY cree build would be the best options. I could probably help you wire it if you go that route. You could always wait for the bigger square member modified fixture that rjr hinted at in one of his posts.

in that case, i might look into they diy, its never even cross my mind... but with supervision i might consider.

interesting... might hold out and throw nyk's 250w for the time being and try to wait out until there is more info on those units hinted about

One other option would be Apollo Reef LEDs. I ordered 2 of their dimmable units for my new 75 build and they have gotten great reviews. I have not seen the eshinesystems, so I can't comment on those, but they do look very promising.

Crewdawg1981;752769 wrote: Eshinesystems

+1. Bought one and I really like it. It puts out more light than my "member modified" unit but that's largely because I put optics in the eshine and did not put optics in the MM unit. Can't beat the value on either one of these units.

porpoiseaquatics, the mm now have optics that can be added at a reasonable rate. I plan on ordering them with the three fixtures I am getting.

rdnelson99;755371 wrote: porpoiseaquatics, the mm now have optics that can be added at a reasonable rate. I plan on ordering them with the three fixtures I am getting.

optics have always been an option on the MM units.

rdnelson99;755371 wrote: porpoiseaquatics, the mm now have optics that can be added at a reasonable rate. I plan on ordering them with the three fixtures I am getting.

I know. Just didn't get them when I ordered the light. Ordering optics now so I'll get a direct comparison of the two.

Back