Thread Deleted

ksicard

Market
Reaction score
I've been building LED units for awhile now and I thought I would share my skills with my fellow members. I'm curious to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing DIY LED fixtures made by myself. I can make them at any length ranging from 6 inches to 72 inches, and I'm not talking about ghetto DIY led fixtures but modern and sleek looking fixtures. I've spent a lot of time perfecting it and 3 builds later I got it. The LED's I use are high quality and are 20% brighter than the cree's used by radions and vega's (that's a fact not an opinion), also IME I get better color mixing and overall more coral pop with my setup (now that one is opinion and took a lot of testing and experimenting to get it right). You will still be able to do sunrise/sunset settings via a controller, The led combo for a 36 inch fixture (which would light any 4ft tank no problem) would be 14 nuetral whites/28 royal blues/8 ocean coral whites/15 true violets. The color combination was picked based off which colors are the most useful for coral growth and coloration. If you don't know what ocean coral white is, it's a 3 starred LED chip that has deep red/turquiose/deep blue all rolled into one that looks white to the eye but makes coral colors pop unbelievably. I'll post some links below as to what the finished product would look like, and again nothing is cheapily made or botched up and is actually on the more expensive side in terms of DIY but is still signifigantly cheaper than vega's or radion's. PM me for questions and prices on the different sizes, I can build any size from 6 inches to 72 inches in length (remember a 4ft tank only needs a 36 inch fixture or 2 18 inch fixtures). If enough people become interested I might make a website, oh and I forgot to mention for all those SPS lovers and people questioning if LED's can grow corals that I've had these same lights over my tank for some time and is a sps dominant tank that I've had 0 deaths in and everything is growing well. Well here are the links to what the finished product looks like.

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">MakersLED Heatsink for high power Star LEDs - YouTube</div><iframe style="width: 70%; height: 400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ShzNvYljRDI"></iframe>
post-41616-0-07109700-1359994017_thumb_zps6c3f2f09.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_2087_zps5abb5155.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_2062_zpsd4ca2d70.jpg
alt="" />

I can do any color combination of your choice but I'd highly recommend my standard configuration and ratios. Let me know what yall think.

I also forgot to mention that I have two ways of building the LED's, the one above is the more modern and sleek look but also about $125 more expensive. If your not a person to worry about looks and only care about efficiency then this might be the better solution for you. This way also has less mounting features and you can either A. build an enclosure for it or B. screw it right into the top of your canopy. This setup has the same power and efficency it just doesn't look as nice.

IMG_0826_zpse540ed62.jpg
alt="" />
F2BAE9AB-9934-43AF-A0A0-4BC1871189A2-305-000000778FBA631C_zps0f861904.jpg
alt="" />

This second configuration can be retrofitted into almost any tank including bio cubes, and red sea systems (excluding the S series).

What would I need for a 72" tank? Pm price and do u have any over tank shots

I have over tank shots of my LED systems but not of a 72 inch one. I'm also not very good with a camera and resort to iphone pics so I dont know how accurate the pictures would represent them. But a PM is coming your way.

Certainly bcrueter,

For anyone wishing to get an estimate: I'm getting a lot of messages about these so please allow me some time to individually estimate the cost for everyone. And if you can please include these three things to speed up my return message.
1.) which type of heatsink, the makers LED being the first one
2.) Whether you want the cheaper/standard blue/white mix of LED's or the full blown full spectrum setup
3.) whether or not you want a controller hooked up
4.) size of tank in length and if you have a tank deeper than 24 inches please specify

When are you free? I work in ksaw so u would not be to far b4 or after work

Please Pm me price for 48 inch. I have a 4 feet long xl high 110 gallon tank. Thanks.

Back