Tiger Tail Cucumber black sand?

dwdesigns

Reaction score
This maybe a simple straight forward question or not..

So i bought my first tiger tail cucumber the other day to shift through and help turn over the sand. However I never researched to see if they will/ can live in black sand. Any one know?

Secondly how much do they move because it has been almost a day and he is in the same spot..

My tank is established for almost three years and have an abalone racer. so I would assume the tiger tail would be fine with the water quality..

Thanks

I think you sound be fine as long as long its sand and not gravel. Though, my sand in fairly fine, so not 100% certain. I would be on the look out for pellets of cleaned sand it produces as waste. This will give you a decent indication of whether or not its feeding. If you don't see any right away don't worry. I'd wait at least a week before getting worried from a lack of waste pellets

To answer your second question, its probably still adjusting. Mine didn't move very much when I first got it. In fact, it still doesn't move all that much. It hides in the rocks during the day, and comes out at night to do some cleaning. By morning, I'll see pellets of cleaned sand all over the place.

Thanks, I moved him yesterday and he was attached to a rock. then this morning he is moved into some hiding place. I will start to see if i can see sand pellets. the black sand is fine sand so..

They dont care what kind of sand it is as long as its small enough to pass through them. I have a mix of black and white sand and about 7 cucs that have been in there for 3+ years.

Give him time. He'll eat when he's hungry. I've never known a problem with black sand.

Jenn

Back