Tiny silver/clear bubbles?

atcaw94

Market
Reaction score
Hopefully this is not the dreaded bubble algae. I have small, clear/silver bubbles all over my tank. It's on the live rock, sand, and even on the sides of the tank close to the bottom. If this is bubble algae, I'm in deep doodoo. I'll try and get a pic, but they are so small I'm not sure it will come out.

Bubble algae is usually green.....

a>

I had the same problem....micro bubbles. If that's the culprit, you will need a stronger pump. I had them all over.

This after I just spent thirty minutes picking bubble algae off on ONE piece of live rock... :lol2:

Thankfully that was the only rock that had it.

Best of luck!

Any red/brown stuff in the areas with the bubbles? Or just bubbles on a clean surface? If the former, dino. The latter, microbubbles.

And FWIW, my bubble algae was silver/blue under tank lighting; it only looked green when the rock was out of the tank.

DrNecropolis;379679 wrote: Barry likes dino.. he told me it taste like peach cobbler..

No, but when bubble algae bursts and squirts into your face the following happens:

1. It burns your eyes
2. It tastes like skimmate would probably taste.

They're air bubbles. :yay:
I was freaking out, I've only had the tank up a couple of months and it's starting to look good. I called my oldest son and he told me what the deal was.

As usual, you guys are great. Thanks for all the quick responses.:up:

Back