Tips and Tricks Freshwater

raisedonnintendo

Market
Reaction score
Here are just a couple of tips and tricks i have learned in my 20+ years in freshwater.
:ph trick

ph is much easier to manipulate in fresh water. For example if you need a higher ph lets say for chiclids you can naturally raise it up. With sea shells corals but coral sand or argonite works best. Its safe n needs no chemicals. Or lets say you already have a high ph n need to bring it down you can use woods like drift wood. It will bring it down without need for chemicals.

Thats my tip n trick for the day. How about you?? What neet ways can you help us all out. Or tip or trick have you learned over the years?? Be it fresh or salt.

A brand new tank will sometimes be fine, but cloudy, until you add some life. Then magically it clears up.

Python gravel vacs are pure WIN.

You don't need fancy conditioners; if it remove chlorine and chloramine, it will do.

Algae destroying chemicals cause more damage than good.

Plants are AWESOME if you have fish that won't eat them. (Cichlids, goldfish, etc)

Airline tubing is cheaper at Lowe's.

uhhh what else... I've got a million of them :)

Assault;535543 wrote: Adding ghost shrimp to your cichlid tank every so often, is so much fun

Adding live brine shrimp is also fun in fresh or saltwater. Good at getting some picky eaters to eat

Water changes!! No matter what is "off" in your tank, a water change will usually fix it. I have 4 FW tanks, and I the only chemical I use is Prime.

If you have a community tank, and you notice some aggression issues with your fish, try moving the decorations around.

yeast and sugar in a 2L coke bottle makes cheap CO2 for plants

TheQueenAngel;571749 wrote: Water changes!! No matter what is "off" in your tank, a water change will usually fix it. I have 4 FW tanks, and I the only chemical I use is Prime.

If you have a community tank, and you notice some aggression issues with your fish, try moving the decorations around.

Ah or if u want to add a fish n your current fish is territorial aggressive n has his area set. Remove him add new fish n next week add back the territorial fish. That way n boundaries r set n there

Back