to Move or to Sell?

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I'll probably be moving downtown area or north of it in a few months, depending on how fast I can find a place. It will be 40-50 miles out of where I'm living now. The grid-lock traffic from Tech to Fayetteville is just too much to deal with on a daily basis.

Should I actually move the beast or sell it and buy a new one?

It's ALOT of stuff to move, and alot of my downstair equiptment, such as the sump and massive amounts of other fancy stuff cannot be used since I will be in a condo.

What do I do folks?

Give everything to me for a dollar and then start over. imho lol

You're going to move NORTH to get OUT of TRAFFIC?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The north end of town INVENTED traffic!

Get a condo downtown, I've seen several places selling cheap enough......

No I mean like exit 89-92 area. Not like north such as Suwanee or anything.

were do you work i live on 316 and it takes me about a half hour to get to chamblee but thats at 630 in the morning

Well I work at Camp Creek, and school is at GT. I takes me 90 mins from fayetteville to get to tech, and there ALWAYS traffic... Gas is pretty expensive too...

Look into moving to the Cascade area, its still coming up nicely over there and half-way between the two

ouling, i think you should keep your tank, corals, skimmer, etc. Bring it with you and just simplify your setup. With the stand you have you could put a little sump in there and and have your whole little operation nice and compact. LMK I will help. Dont sell off your hard work !

I'm with chris. Hell, I'll even store you unused stuff 'till you need it back! Don't give up all that work for a shorter drive. I guarantee you save as much in gas as you spent on that set-up.

Agreed. Plan the move and it's not that bad. i would frag off and "bank" anything nice you have with freinds though as you will most likely have some loss especially with SPS.

I would also ask do you want to start over? Maybe it is a good chance to sell all your livestock and keep everything else and start over again. Keeping all the equipment and LR is the most expensive part anyway. Or maybe partially do it. Like take this time to sell the fish or livestock you're not absolutely in love with.

I like the "bank" idea! I am sure all of us would be more than willing to help you out with that :)

Man you're a sucker for punishment :). You gotta think more long term, considering you JUST put that tank up! That being said, I'll help you move it if that's the course you take.

Well yea. I love punishment. Always been an S&M kinda guy, especially when it comes to reef!

Back