To sand or not to sand

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
So im thinking about putting black sand back in the Solana lol im such a back and forth person the only thing is i know if i put it in then in a month im gonna wanna take it back out.

After putting black sand in Linda's 90, there is no way I will ever do a tank in anything else.

No way you're gonna want to take it out- Black sand is the coolest! I wish I'd done it in the 150!

I like black sand a lot too-I just think that after a while it would detract from the overall look and you'd get tired of it. I think if I were going to have black it would have to be in a mixture like Jin's tank. By all means though, put sand in your tank lol.

BeesBaby;275428 wrote: You can still do it....just takes patience and time.:up:
And money- and that- well.. that I'm out of at the moment :) Maybe after taxes get back, I can work a few bags in there :)

I say no. You put sand in there you'll most likely go through a diatom bloom again....then if you decide to take it out again you'll be disrupting your corals....all this will in the end stunt their growth and mess with the stability of the tank. Not to mention sand sux, lol. Just paint the bottom of the tank black and be done with it ;)

Back