To Scrape or Not To Scrape...

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
the back glass...THAT is the question. Over Easter weekend I was away and came back to A LOT of coralline spots. Who here lets it go, and who scrapes it? I like the color, but I'm not sure I want my overflow and back glass looking like a big purple bird has been crapping all over it! :)

Leave it, let it spread. Otherwise you'll be fighting scraping it around tight corners, probably never get all of it.... blah blah blah.

Yeah, I have been scraping in the past. Now I'm just going to let it go. I will scrape the front and sides, but the coraline can have the back.

Don't like it! That's why I am building a rock wall for the back glass on my 90g build.

Like Jason(rockdog) I scrape the sides, and front and the back is painted black on the outside so with purple mixed in, it looks sweet so I say leave it

I used to scrape when i had an open top. Since i put a canopy on it's too much trouble.

I am lazy. I scrape only the front. LOL And that is even a chore. If I could see it all from the top I'd never scrape. LOL I used to be die hard and scrape every piece of glass that wasnt hidden by rock. Now..... well... if I get around to it I scrape. The purple on the back glass looks neat under actinics has a cool glow to it.

leave it. I placed a piece of deep blue acrylic behind the tank, also.

elFloyd;328191 wrote: Don't like it! That's why I am building a rock wall for the back glass on my 90g build.

I tried that already. What are our plans? The foam stuff scares me...no real proven results for long term effects.

I scrape the back, sides and front. I just like the clean look, and to me a clean back panel (mine is blue) gives a greater illusion of depth.

Started a new thread on the wall subject... don't want to hijack!

texhorns98;328356 wrote: I tried that already. What are our plans? The foam stuff scares me...no real proven results for long term effects.

Back