Tons of Microbubbles come from Skimmer

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a Reef Octopus 150 which has been running about 9 months and it has been working great. It sits in 7 inches of water and I have added an extension to the output tube with an elbow so that the output comes out below the water line. I had a foam up in my skimmer today and after I shut it down, emptied the cup, and adjusted it, it is creating a ton of micro-bubbles. Enough that it goes through my fug and into my return section of my sump and then into my DT. It has never done this before.

I have cleaned out the air hose (sucking warm RO water through it), because I thought that maybe there was salt in there, tried raising the water level just to see if that would fix it but nope, and adjusted it the best that I know of with no change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Carl

First, I think the maximum recommended depth on that skimmer is 5". Second, microbubbles is normal after a foam up. Give it time and it will settle in. My 3000INT does it now and then. If it's really aggravating to you, either put a piece of foam on the pump intake on the skimmer output to help break the bubbles up.

According to the manual, it should sit in 6 to 10 inches as long as the outlet pipe isn't covered. I will give it some time to see if it settles down. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

porpoiseaquatics;1062961 wrote: First, I think the maximum recommended depth on that skimmer is 5". Second, microbubbles is normal after a foam up. Give it time and it will settle in. My 3000INT does it now and then. If it's really aggravating to you, either put a piece of foam on the pump intake on the skimmer output to help break the bubbles up.

You were right. I left it alone and this morning it was back to normal. I need to get out of the habit of trying to instantly fix stuff.

huskerreefatl;1063050 wrote: You were right. I left it alone and this morning it was back to normal. I need to get out of the habit of trying to instantly fix stuff.

There is no truer a statement. This is not a quick fix hobby.

Back