took the plumge and got an emperor angle

shawn_patterson

Market
Reaction score
So the other day i ended up taking the plunge, and buying a large angle hes about 3 1/2'' now. my questioon for you all is how long do you think i have before i need to upgrade from my 90. i pulled a smart one, and bought a fish my wife really wants. so when it gets bigger i can upgrade to a bigger tank to keep "her" fish.

any input is greatly appreciated

Really will depend on what else you have in the tank. Nice move with the wife... it's amazing the stuff we have to come up with sometimes! Ha ;)

tonymission;990217 wrote: Really will depend on what else you have in the tank. Nice move with the wife... it's amazing the stuff we have to come up with sometimes! Ha ;)

i have a blue regal, yellow, and a clown tang all are less than 3'' long though. haha you wont believe how shocked i was when i asked her tonight what we're going to do when it gets too big?
her response was "i guess we'll have to at least double the size of the tank" considering she was furious when i upgraded from my 30. How i responded to that was by buying a little blue regal because she always wanted one. but i mean hey.... if she doesnt mind upgrading, nor do i. but i dont want to just jump into a 300. (the military doesn't have the best pay for all that)

really depends on how much you feed IMO. I had 4 clowns that remained tiny for probably 8+ months. Then i started feeding like crazy and in like a month or 2 they were almost full size. It was amazing how much they'll grow if you feed them a bunch. Same with a couple of my wrasses.

Awesome man. That's the next fish on my short list (hint hint if he gets too big hit me up).

I would feed sparingly to keep his growth slower.

He's been doing good with coral, they only thing I've seen him pick around is my acans, but he hasn't done any damage. They pet store down here got him in for me, I asked for a juvi, but he's already starting his color change. They have an adult in as well

Lol she thinks it's a queen angel so yeah she's going to e super pissed when it hits it's final form

Lol here's a picture of him
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
990620=56746-image.jpg
>
990620=56746-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

You could write a book on "Ways to convince the wife on upgrading the reef tank?" to help fund your reef keeping hobby. Oh wait! :doh: You've already told us the top answer to accomplish an upgrade in this post. This may be the only answer we need. So much for writing that book :lol2: .

Wannabee

Very beautiful find. This is one of my favorite fish. The only time I get to see one; when a reef store happens to have one when I visit. I guess I could save the gas money and bring one up on Youtube.

Wannabee

Good choice I got a koren but should've researched before I purchased but I was new to the salty side at the time traded s red devil chichlid for it

It will likely come down to a choice between the fish, and keeping coral - beautiful fish that they are, they can't resist eating coral, it's part of their natural diet.

It's like leaving snacks all around the house, and expecting you to ignore them, and eat your broccoli instead. Good luck with it ;)

Beautiful fish - they are very smart, and they can also be very aggressive.

Jenn

DavidinGA;1002454 wrote: Should be OK with sps only tank though....right?

Are they supposed to be less tasty than other corals? Don't buy expensive ones! ;)

DavidinGA;1002491 wrote: I always see adult imps in sps dormant tanks and the owners don't have any issues...

What I've read from those owners is the tanks are so large with so much growth and so many corals that it's hard for the angelfish to decimate any particular colony.

Back