Top off Container

I am currently using a brute 44g in the basement, but am switching to a 40Long tucked between studs in a dead area in my basement to get some more floor space. I use a 5g carboy for the RSM 250 at the office.

5g bucket. Maybe a sexy acrylic container one day ha

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I'm using a 5g version of this, might be the same as Grants 5g carboy. I have one on my 75g & one on my 30g. Both have a line from my RODI unit with a float valve so I never have to fill them.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1094996=68458-Z0I-5wfo5oy.jpg
>
1094996=68458-Z0I-5wfo5oy.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Z0I-5wfo5oy.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I was using a 10 gal aquarium..But as I was moving and draining it, I noticed green stuff at the bottom, just looked dirty.
Couldn't see it when full. Is this normal.

If light is getting into the tank it's probably an algae or bacterial film. After you clean the tank out see if you can wrap/paint it and put a lid over it.

I use 32 gallon Brute with a lid.

dball711;1094996 wrote: I'm using a 5g version of this, might be the same as Grants 5g carboy. I have one on my 75g & one on my 30g. Both have a line from my RODI unit with a float valve so I never have to fill them.

Same here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you have the space, brute trash cans are what I've always used, if its a display issue you can use a petco $1 sale aquarium, build a nice acrylic tank.
If space is an issue, and looks are not 5g water jugs, totes can work and just about anything that can hold water.
lets see what you come up with.

Very good. And thanks. Next I was using a maxi jet pump.Now that put a tank and stand nest to DT.I will be pumping 5 ft straight across, 18" up. Will a MJ 1200 work.

Fishlips;1095028 wrote: Very good. And thanks. Next I was using a maxi jet pump.Now that put a tank and stand nest to DT.I will be pumping 5 ft straight across, 18" up. Will a MJ 1200 work.

If it is one the real Italian maxi-jets1200 like the original Aquarium Systems one or the new version Cobalt makes then it should be able to handle it no problem. Flow might be be slow, but for top off that shouldn't matter. I think the cheap knockoff Marineland maxijets might have trouble.

Thanks, its a Cobalt. And i. Would rather it be slow.
You all been a great help.

fishtank;1095109 wrote: 12g pet food dispenser from petsmart. Tall , skinny and clear.

+1
I think mine is a few gallons larger but they work great and the flip top makes filling it easy. I put two bulkheads on opposite sides. Made a Tee out of pvc connecting them. The power to the pump, wires for float switches and water line out all come up the tee and out the bulkheads. I can post pics if you're interested.

Chris S;1095147 wrote: +1
I think mine is a few gallons larger but they work great and the flip top makes filling it easy. I put two bulkheads on opposite sides. Made a Tee out of pvc connecting them. The power to the pump, wires for float switches and water line out all come up the tee and out the bulkheads. I can post pics if you're interested.

Yes, interested., Thanks.

I also used a pet food container with a nice screw down lid, read about it online, holds 13 gallons or so, very strong and square. Drilled holes in lid and ran tubing through those. Google "vittles vault".

Back