Top Off Dosing Containers

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
I'm trying ti find a top off dosing container to use for dosing Alk. So far what I'm finding is that they are expensive, especially if you are trying to work with a small space.

Has anyone used this AquaCave Model? There are no customer reviews to help decide on it.

a>

Yeahh I used the 1 gallon type from brs. I now use the 5 gallon jugs from my Lfs.

Actually this seems better than what I originally linked because I could add without having to remove it from the stand.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Dosing-Container-Floresent-ReefCreators-com/dp/B00Q7Q0E4I/ref=sr_1_35?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1423967935&sr=1-35">Amazon.com : 5 Liter Aquarium/Reef Tank Dosing Container In Floresent Orange ReefCreators.com : Pet Supplies@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41khbXmZW7L.@@AMEPARAM@@41khbXmZW7L</a>

I'm going to check out the BRS ones. I'm really clueless as to how big I need, I've never auto dosed but would like for it to make it several days without needing a top off.

How big of a tank? And how much is calculated as needed?

Also you can get two and use one. Then have the other already mixed to swap out. I was forgetting and then I'd have to wait for it to mix before I could use. It became a hassle. So I opted for the 5 gallon.

I am not even sure how to properly calculate it honestly. I know what I'm doing daily by hand, my tank is using about .40 ppm of Alk per day. When it comes to mixing up a solution and setting it to drip I'll probably do some serious under dosing to get it right. I want to have it dialed in before vacation in a few months.

The BRS slim containers are great. Drill a hole in the cap that just allows the tube to run through it (tight fit) and then get the hard acrylic tube (i know Pure Reef stocks them) to reach to the bottom. When it needs filling, just unscrew the lid and lift it out. 3 jugs under my tank take up maybe 6" x 10" of floor space. For ATO, I use one of the jubs LFS sell for hauling water. Same set up on the cap and tubing. Works great.

401d7b4e119dffab74117d0a366667e1.jpg
alt="" />

rk4435;1014680 wrote: I am not even sure how to properly calculate it honestly. I know what I'm doing daily by hand, my tank is using about .40 ppm of Alk per day. When it comes to mixing up a solution and setting it to drip I'll probably do some serious under dosing to get it right. I want to have it dialed in before vacation in a few months.

You can use the calculator on brs to get a starting point. If the doser is 1.1ml per minute you dose accordingly. Set the timer to how many minutes you need to achieve amount needed.

FF337;1014731 wrote: You can use the calculator on brs to get a starting point. If the doser is 1.1ml per minute you dose accordingly. Set the timer to how many minutes you need to achieve amount needed.

If you go with the Jebao it is even easier than that. Calibrate it then just set how many ml you want to does at each time and it calculates the time it needs to run. Crazy easy to set up.

Back