Torch dead, just got it Tuesday

triga22

Market
Reaction score
I just got my Torch on tuesday and its already dead or dieng. What is the problem? If you look at the one pictures the little green things on the sand are broken off tenticles. :cry:
torch001.jpg
alt="" />
torch002.jpg
alt="" />
torch003.jpg
alt="" />
torch004.jpg
alt="" />

Its not completely dead yet Tyler. Don't throw it out. It is abnormal to lose tentacles, but the stress related from moving tanks might be the problem. I've seen that happen a lot when the hammer/frogspawn/torch undergoes rapid temperature changes. I think it'll come back for yah.

Alright. Just kinda mad. I was extra careful with this coral as its one of my favorites. I acclimated it fine and everything. What should I do about the tentacles? Leave them ?

Its lost pretty much all. I only touched the base to place it. My clown touched the tenticles. Most fell on the ground. The hermits are eating them.

Tyler, did it ever open up in your tank or did it immediately drop it's tentacles? It really was good in my tank. I don't keep my salinity quite that hight (1.024) but I don't think that would cause it. I had it placed at the bottom of my tank and it had some flow.

When I originally got it, it wasn't happy without flow directed at it...and it didn't like being stood directly up so I had it down at an angle.

Let me know if it doesn't come back and I can replace it with something. I don't have another torch though. I do have a frogspawn I picked up at the meeting that's in my new tank.

Also, please post your params...perfect is not a number.

Its at an angle high up (only Pc's) with med flow. I aclimated it for 30 min. If it dosent come back you can just frag one later or frag the frogspawn. I dont want to take a new coral off your hands. You can just owe me later.
Parms
Trates 0
Trites 0
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.2
SG 1.026
Calcium 450 ppm
Alk 8

It never ever opened up fully. All the tentacles were flat and droopy. Here are some pics from wed.

Alright bal.
No other LPS. I use a hydrometer but its acurate cause LFS tests it before with a refromacter and its right. Test kit is API.

it looks like it is improving i had a frag that closed up like that for about 2 weeks and the params were ok i went to 3 lfs to get it tested and everything was ok and finaly after the 2nd week it opened up like never before and about a month later that 3 heads became 6...

Thats not what it looks like now. Its all gone now, that was a pic of it wed.

It looks like something happened during transport. It might have gotten beaten up in the bag. Had that happen a few times. Put some flow on it and I'll bet it comes back.

Back