Torch ID please

Treylipp

Market
Reaction score
So I was at the frag swap and was sold a “Indo gold which is a torch furthest right in first pic, Aussie gold being the one up front and center, tiny NYK head in the middle of them all then a just green torch. Well I picked up a Indo from a member who I trust his opinion very highly and it looks nothing like it.
a7face3d28844e9f0c68d894323484f5.jpg

0063f8eabb49a51242ef629e84a0936d.jpg

For reference: Below right is an Aussie and left would be and indo .
ba07d55f719687a1a081477e121878b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indo is just where it came from
Gold just means that it had some gold/yellow in it. Some indo golds will have more yellow than others. Some have orange. Etc, etc.

Names like NYK, DS, 21 Tails, Hellfire, etc are just indo golds with names attached.
Welcome to the name game.

Also green + gold = $$$$

to top it off, you can buy a torch from someone that would be bright gold, then it go to your tank and lose that gold over time. or it can be the other way around, it lost color in someone else's tank but something in your water and your parameters have it come back.
Indo is just where it came from
Gold just means that it had some gold/yellow in it. Some indo golds will have more yellow than others. Some have orange. Etc, etc.

Names like NYK, DS, 21 Tails, Hellfire, etc are just indo golds with names attached.
Welcome to the name game.

Also green + gold = $$$$

Not a torch expert but I am curious when you bought the new one. I've had a number of euphyllia sp. the change color after a while in my system. Right now they all look pretty similar because they've been kept in the same conditions for a few months. It's possible that the "new" one is different colored right now because the seller's system is different than yours and it might slowly start to look more and more like the one you have. A friend of mine has a large branching hammer and he brings frags to me once in a while. They are from the exact same colony but they look a lot different than the one's that I've been keeping for a while. Or course they look better in his system so I'm frustrated.

Not a torch expert but I am curious when you bought the new one. I've had a number of euphyllia sp. the change color after a while in my system. Right now they all look pretty similar because they've been kept in the same conditions for a few months. It's possible that the "new" one is different colored right now because the seller's system is different than yours and it might slowly start to look more and more like the one you have. A friend of mine has a large branching hammer and he brings frags to me once in a while. They are from the exact same colony but they look a lot different than the one's that I've been keeping for a while. Or course they look better in his system so I'm frustrated.
I can attest to this probably not in coloration but in the way it looks. I have gotten one of the green hammers that @jcook54 is talking about. For some reason my euphyllias get phat tentacles in my system.

I’ve read anecdotal writings that state that indo torches and hammers have longer tentacles and Aussie have shorter and fatter. Also that flow of the tank will also increase/decrease tentacle size.

Back