Torch Sweeper

scruggs1

Market
Reaction score
Anyone know how long they can get? Mine was ~3 inches away from a small ricordea that it is now dead. It was totally fine when I went to bed, then woke up to it bleached out and decaying. The only thing I can think of is a sweeper must have reached it.

My large colony puts out 5" sweepers sometimes.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

ive seen all kinds of euphyllia's put out crazy long sweepers. best bet is to keep stuff out of its downstream path as far as you can

Picoreefguy;1100467 wrote: ive seen all kinds of euphyllia's put out crazy long sweepers. best bet is to keep stuff out of its downstream path as far as you can

Yeah, it was my first one and for some reason I was under the impression that frogspawns and hammers do not put out sweepers, but I was wrong about that as well.

All euphyllia put out sweepers...however, hammers and frogspawns get along with each other, torches tend not to.

I've kept all kinds of Euphyllia together and they get along with each other - mix and match.

However, their sweepers don't even have to physically touch another coral to put a whammy on it. Anything that's downstream can suffer from chemical warfare. I had a nice Caulastrea once that was a good 6" past the longest sweeper's reach from a Hammer, and it started to wither on the side closer to the Hammer. Moved it upstream and the heads that weren't past the point of no return, bounced right back.

I love Euphyllia but one does have to plan placement rather carefully.

Jenn

Back