Torch's tentacles swollen?

chemaholic

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
One of our torches has had noticeably chunkier tentacles for the last 1-2 weeks. The chunky one is behind the "normal" looking torch. Any ideas?20220807_191341.jpg

I have no idea why but I have seen this before with euphyllia corals and it was not a issue that led to problems. Wish I knew more and could offer some advice. I know @ZapataInc had a a hammer that was fragged in my tank and when he added it to his, the tentacles did the exact same thing, really blew up.

IMG_20191114_165455.jpg

This is how the hammer looked in my tank. Its weird because once i moved to my new house. They started to look normal. I couldn't figure out what was happening. They didnt seem effected by them "blowing up" and they continued to grow and seemed happy, so i let them be. Also i could get my BTAs to bubble but again after moving all of my BTAs bubble.

MVIMG_20200503_191831.jpg

I found another picture of my hammers and frogspawn. And as you can see all of them were chunky.

I will check to make sure the flow is sufficient. It is sitting next to a torch that has regular tentacles, but you never know. Corals all seem to have their own unique personalities.

Back