Trace elements - what do you use?

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
I'd like to get some of your feedback regarding what you use and how you use trace elements and dosing. Trying to decide how I want to go about it as I am trying to reduce water changes. What do y'all think?

Just started on the Red Sea Colors Trace program 5 weeks ago. Seeing better coloration slowly. Only 1.5ml of each bottle, ABCD, a day based on our tanks small calcium consumption. Salt is Red Sea Coral Pro and using ESV 2 part plus their magnesium (both the salt and 2 part have trace elements already). GFO reactor has likely been stripping some of it out so adding it back in each day appears to be helping.

i tried the red sea program and didn’t see any changes. Water changes and calcium reactor seem to have me covered and my last ICP test shows its working.

+1 on calcium Rx, running Reborn media. Unfortunately it’s impossible to find right now.

I have a calcRx - just waiting on my regulator to arrive. Hoping that will help me with growth and coloration soon :D

I'm running all for reef , going to send my water off for full testing after 30 days and see where I'm at .

Acropower. And DIY all for reef. Use to dose KZ colors in prior system setups and it was expensive but worked. I do like the tropic Marin supplements. Haven’t tried Brightwell but hear nice things.

Isn't Acropower just aminos? It isn't trace elements is it?

I have a calcRx - just waiting on my regulator to arrive. Hoping that will help me with growth and coloration soon :D

Without a doubt, it’s hands down the easiest method of supplying Cal/Alk on a higher demand system, but using ReBorn media will also supply trace elements. Unfortunately, it’s VERY difficult to find right now.

C08EF984-9549-47B2-8DE0-86FE15A07ABE.jpeg

Reborn media from TLF has been out of stock most places since before the pandemic. People have had a hard time finding it even in January this year.

Here's a little glimmer of hope for those waiting on Reborn like me

ATI Essentials Pro two part

ATI Essentials Pro is a super concentrated two-part system that will replenish all necessary elements that reef aquariums demand and consume, at a level on par with natural seawater. With more than 20,000 water analyses, the information provided from those analyses has enabled ATI to improve the recipe of their Essentials recipe, bringing us the Essentials Pro.

The components needed to maintain a reef system are all present to help with the calcification and construction of new skeletal growth like: calcium, carbonate, magnesium, strontium, and barium.

ATI Essentials Pro also provides the elements for your corals metabolism and coloration, such as: boron, bromine, fluoride, potassium, cobalt, chromium, iron, iodine, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, rubidium, sulfate, vanadium, zinc etc.

Back