Trachyphyllia feeding

narcosis

Market
Reaction score
I have read many different articles on the subject of feeding open brain coral. I would like to poll the ARC community to see the results.

I feed the piss out of mine and it's HUGE! Two large maroon clowns host it hardcore. It gets mysis and or cubes of prime reef. I feed it two times a week and the clowns feed it a little every day.

I fed mine small amounts twice a week for the first month I had it. At that point it quit accepting ANYTHING. It actively pushes any food off of its surface and dumps it on the sand. Three months later it's still fine, but I don't understand its behavior. I still try now and then but all it does is give the cleaner shrimp a free meal.

Well, it's 71% for feeding one to two times per week. I guess I'll stick with that for now and see how it responds over time. Thanks for voting and comments.

Mine always looks much happier when I feed it. It'll double or triple in size for a few days. But, what a PITA! It eats so slowly and I have to cover it if I want it to get any food. It must get some on it's own though, because I don't directly feed it, other than trying to ping it with food I throw in, and yet, I watched it poop the other day.

Back