Trade/Free: IO sea salt and salt water!

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I mixed 100 gallons of IO salt and came up with a 1200ppm Mg and a 330 Ca reading along with a 7.8 pH and a stupid high DKH. Salt is 1.0255 SG.

I actually dosed 50ppm of reef advantage calcium so it should sit right at 380-400ppm right now. The DKH is over 12... I also added a whole can of Mg to make this thing 1280-1300. Too expensive to supplement this salt so i'll quite while i'm not too far behind.

Have half of a bucket and over 100 gallons of mixed RO/DI water.

Don't feel like adding supplements to this thing and make it better anymore. This will be my first and last time using IO so if you have anything alive or dead to trade with me I will take it.

Water is free for the taking :yay:

Half bucket of salt will trade for some kind of pump or working heater.

Tested again with titration test with SG of 1.0247

Mg 1200
Ca 380
Alk 15DKH!!!!!!
pH 8.0
PO4 Undetectable

Calcium is low and so is the Mg, but that one is expected. Alk is really extremely high and I've tested it twice.

IO is the shiznit, its rated as the second best - Reef crystals was rated the best. I read that somewhere but i forgot. I use IO

15 dKH is high, but I wouldn't call it way out of bounds. I have seen suggested readings of 4-6 meq/l for alkalinity.

Yea but if you have a calcium of 380 which is probably limited by a 1200Mg. It will take about almost 1 lb of Magnesium supp to raise a 90g to 1500ppm. Calcium would be little expensive also.

A super high DKH with a low mag isn't good. Since I still have half of the bucket i'm just going to mix it with the Oceanic salt which is like 1580ppm Mg and 480ppm calcium.

Back