Transfering tanks

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
I almost ready to starting moving my other tanks to my 240gal and I'm wondering about moving the fish as I move the LR and sand?
Will the "dust" or the cloudy particles from the sand harm the fish,has anybody done this with success or failure?

I can't imagine it would be any different then a particularly rough storm churning the water... they should be fine

No problem at all. Nothing different than a power head falling and kicking up a storm.

glxtrix;228772 wrote: No problem at all. Nothing different than a power head falling and kicking up a storm.
What would you know about sand? LOL

I am just doing the same on my 210 build too. In my case, I used new sand because I did not want to transfer my two year old sand bed to the new tank and cause any issues like Andre mentioned. I have fish in a 70G, 55G and a 30G that I am combining in to my 210. I moved the 30G tank first after breaking down the tank, but just took the corals, rock, fish and inverts. I usually go really slowly, so the next tank will be the fish in my 55G and it's been about 3 weeks since the first move.

Yea I did it last night really late and my Ammonia spiked just a little bit, all the other param where fine,I did a 20 gal water change this morning and it's doing fine now,I will post pictures tonight of what I did last night on my build thread.
andregarcia_73;228775 wrote: I have done this before but keep in mind that some of the crap stuck in your sand will be kicked up and could throw some params off. Just watch your water man. Other than that no prob.

I wish I could go a little slower but I've got my grandfathers 93rd b-day party at my house in about a week and my wife wants her floor space back,I'm not going to move my other 75 gal till this weekend while my wife is at the Georgia game.
bobz;228803 wrote: I am just doing the same on my 210 build too. In my case, I used new sand because I did not want to transfer my two year old sand bed to the new tank and cause any issues like Andre mentioned. I have fish in a 70G, 55G and a 30G that I am combining in to my 210. I moved the 30G tank first after breaking down the tank, but just took the corals, rock, fish and inverts. I usually go really slowly, so the next tank will be the fish in my 55G and it's been about 3 weeks since the first move.

Back