Tree looking stuff

Reef Rambo

Market
Reaction score
I have something growing on the rock plz see the picture.b4 it was just one now it’s so many n growing so many places look like Duncan coral but it’s dark green ...plz suggest is it harmful??why it’s growing?what is cure?plz suggest

Attachments

• 48B375E6-A8D5-4F01-AC0E-1D66136DD8BE.jpeg
    48B375E6-A8D5-4F01-AC0E-1D66136DD8BE.jpeg
    680.6 KB · Views: 35
  • EEEFEC66-616E-49F4-BBE1-40FF1DB74E7B.jpeg
    EEEFEC66-616E-49F4-BBE1-40FF1DB74E7B.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 35
I don't know, aptasia hasn't been a big problem for me but all my tanks have it. Here's what I do to keep it in check:
  • I always have a bottle of AptasiaX on hand to treat individuals as they pop up. There are all kinds of options that are similar to AptasiaX but that's the one that works best for me.
  • Every one of my systems has a peppermint shrimp in it. They can be hit and miss as far as eating aptasia but they've always been pretty good to me. When they die, I'll start to notice aptasia popping up. When that happens I use the AptasiaX until they start popping up a lot and then I'll pick up another peppermint shrimp.
I think the main reason they've never been an issue for me is for the last 10 years I've had smaller systems (65g) and can easily access all the rockwork in order to treat them as soon and they pop up. If you stay on top of it, you can keep them in check.

Back