Trigger Systems Elite vs Sump

miktrav

Market
Reaction score
I am in the process of reordering a sump due to the one I had ordered from DRs. Foster & Smith being on perpetual backorder. I am looking at Trigger systems 36 sumps. I am unsure if I should go Elite or Sump. I am also unsure of the Benefits of the Ruby model. Are there any users here who can provide me with some insight? I have everything else I need to start with the transfer of my old 75 to my new 120 but can't decide on a sump. I had originally chosen the Aqueon Proflex model 4 but .......

Thanks for any input.

Michael

Hello Neighbor!

I have a 93g cube and I love my trigger crystal sump. I don't think you can go wrong with either or really. Had the Ruby or the Elite fit, I would've chosen either one of those. I personally like the trigger sumps of the Aqueon.

I don't have much to add but I do have a ruby 30 sump that I have been very happy with. I wanted a lid like the mrc sumps had so I had them make me one.

y2e5apet.jpg
alt="" />
Not the best pic but this is it.

I have a 36 ruby sump and still able to use one compartment as refugium. I love it. I got the ruby BC it looked cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think trigger systems has a new line call tideline. They are quiet like the aqueon sumps. I dont think you can buy them online you have to go fish store.

I have been using a ruby red 36 for the last several months and love it. It gave me a lot more real estate that I had. You can really come up with a lot of different options with it. I wanted to leave room in my middle chamber for the mj1200 pumps for my reactors without bogging them down due to the refugium so I had an acrylic insert made that takes up a good portion of the middle chamber but still left room for the pumps to not sit in sand. Then I decided to go bare bottom for tje refugium anyway.

Nonetheless, I have been very pleased and consider it money well spent, especially when compared to my old sump.

Miktrav- pure Reef in Alpharetta carries several of models of the trigger sumps. Worth the trip.

Thanks. I bought a used sump for now because I got tired of waiting and the price differential between online and local was too big. I'll swap out the used one I bought at a later time but for now it's enough to get me started.

Back